Saturday, June 23, 2012

Last post from Christchurch!

So the last 2 weeks have pretty much been nuts.... I managed to fit in 4 exams, a trip to the Antarctic Centre here in Christchurch and a trip to Banks Peninsula. It was a whirlwind trip, but we managed to see a lot!!Including the Akaroa harbour, the scenic route around te peninsula, a family-owned heritage and Maori museum (very cool), and Lyttleton harbour!!! Also during this time I've been getting organized for my journey home! HOME - can't believe it. Time has flown, it has been amazing, and I think I finally realized that I am leaving as I was cleaning out my room today. It now looks like it did when I arrived - ready for someone else!! I've got a few days left in NZ, the plan is a) to head to Auckland BRIGHT AND EARLY tomorrow morning, b) meet up with my friend Mike (who I met in Peru!), c) head North for a couple of days, d) come back to Auckland to head home! We'll just see if they let me leave with the amount of luggage I have..... I mean I have plenty of extra room but they are SO heavy. But all in all, my time in NZ has FLOWN by, as I have said many times before, and I am sad to leave... because there's so much more I would have wanted to do and see!! I guess - that just means a return trip, sooner rather than later :) Next time I 'see' you I may just be across the Pacific! P.S. I WILL be wearing rainboots on the plane.

1 comment:

  1. Ames - I am so excited for you to come home, but I am also sad that you have to leave that beautiful country with all of its uniqueness and grandeur. i'll be watching for you in your rain boots!

    Love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete